- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cardamom, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until completely blended and smooth; stir in the lemon zest until blended. Stir in the flour mixture until a cohesive dough forms.
- Place a long sheet of plastic wrap on countertop. Transfer dough to middle of paper and roughly shape into a 2-inch wide log. Use the wrap to further roll and compact the dough into a log. Twist the ends to tightly seal. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough log onto a cutting board. Slice into 20 rounds. Place the rounds 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, until pale golden. Place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish. Transfer the warm cookies, one at a time, into powdered sugar, turning to coat. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies