Soft, spiced coconut flour pumpkin cookies are the perfect power snack or healthy dessert. They are vegan, grain-free, gluten free, and easy to make.
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 1/3 cup (40 g) chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL ) coconut sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup (75mL) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the coconut flour, chickpea flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, water, and vanilla to the bowl and stir until blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop onto prepared sheet. If desired, press a few pepitas into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 19 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown at the edges and the cookies feel dry to the touch. Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (they are delicate before cooling completely).
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at cool room temperature up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Oil Substitution: An equal amount of other oils (e.g. avocado oil, safflower oil ) or melted, vegan butter (e.g., Earth Balance buttery sticks) can be used in place of the coconut oil.
Sugar Substitute: An equal amount of brown sugar or granulated sweetener of choice can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 51.2 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin cookies, coconut flour, vegan, chickpea flour, Thanksgiving, cookies, grain-free, gluten-free