Good morning everyone!
I’ve been remiss in posting anything very seasonal, particularly baked goods, largely due to the persisting 90+ degree heat. It’s challenging to wax poetic about cozy cookies, cakes, stews, and soups while typing in a tank top and gym shorts.
But literally overnight, the temperature dropped more than twenty degrees; autumn has arrived in East Texas. I’m ready!
First up, pumpkin cookies, made with chickpea flour!
You need just one bowl for mixing the dough:
With a cookie scoop (one of my favorite kitchen tools), you can get these on the baking sheet and into the oven in no time.
I like to put a few chopped pecans on top so that they can toast as the cookies bake (saving the step of toasting nuts before adding to the batter). Also, it allows nut-loathers to pick off the nuts with ease.
These cookies are soft, sweet, and equally perfect for breakfasts, snacks and desserts!
Grain-free, gluten-free, vegan breakfast cookies made with chickpea flour, pumpkin, and flax!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Add the pumpkin, sugar and water, stirring until blended and smooth.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons (I use a small cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart. If desired, gently press a few chopped nuts on tops of cookies.
- Bake 11-15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: For your own pumpkin pie spice blend, combine 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cloves.
- Category: Breakfast, Breakfast cookies