- 1 and 1/2 cups (180 g) chickpea flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (85 g) coconut sugar (or natural cane sugar, or your choice)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) virgin coconut oil (melted) or oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Optional: Add up to 1 cup of any (or a combination of any) of the following: chocolate chips or chunks, nuts, seeds, chopped dried fruit. Also consider using alternative spices or extracts, or citrus zests.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- To the mixture of flour, add the remaining ingredients. Stir until blended (dough will be sticky).
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet in a line (see photo). Using moistened fingers, shape the dough into a 14 by 2-inch rectangle.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and the centers are set. Turn off oven and let cool completely on the pan. Loosely cover the log and chill until cold (up to 24 hours).
- Preheat oven to 275F. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices. Place the slices flat, cut sides down, on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the biscotti remain in the oven for an hour longer (this dries out the biscotti).
Storage: Store the completley cooled biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 biscotto
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg