A healthy, superfood-packed rendition of Girl Scout caramel delights! They are vegan, no-bake, oil-free, gluten-free, and packed with nutrition!
- Grease or spray 9 cups in a standard muffin tin.
- Place the dates in a small bowl; cover with hot (not boiling) water to just cover. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons soaking water.
- In a food processor, process the oats, almonds and coconut into a fine powder. Transfer to a a bowl. Place drained dates in food processor; process into a paste, scraping down bowl as needed. Add oat mixture back to bowl, along with cacao nibs, salt and reserved soaking liquid. Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down bowl several times. Add 2 tablespoons coconut flour; process to combine. If mixture is still fairly moist, add the remaining coconut flour.
- Scrape dough from processor and divide into 9 equal portions; Roll each int a ball and press into prepared cups, flattening tops. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate. Refrigerate at least hour before removing from cups.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months. These will keep well at room temp for 2 to 3 days so long as it is not boiling hot!
- Category: portable power pucks, snack, breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 12.3 g
- Sodium: 64 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.6 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg