Your new favorite breakfast on the go: vegan coconut flour pumpkin muffins! They are easy-to-make, grain-free, gluten-free and so delicious.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup (90 g) chickpea flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons(45 mL) oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 10 cups of a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, chickpea flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk in the water, pumpkin, oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and vinegar. Add the coconut flour mixture, stirring until blended.
- Divide batter evenly between lined muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes until puffed and surface appears dry. Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely in pan.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Muffins, Bread, Brekafast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 157 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: coconut flour, chickpea flour, pumpkin, muffins, grain-free, gluten-free, healthy