Quinoa + Cauliflower = Crispy Deliciousness. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 bags (12 oz each) frozen cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans (e.g., cannellini or Great Northern), rinsed and drained
- 2 medium-size green onions, ends removed, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooked cooled quinoa
- 1–1/2 cups panko or fresh bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- About 2 tbsp olive oil
- In food processor, place cauliflower, beans, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover; process until smooth, then transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Stir in quinoa, 1-1/4 cups bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Shape mixture into 12 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches in diameter, using about 1/3 cup bean mixture for each. Coat patties with remaining bread crumbs. Refrigerate about 1 hour so mixture holds together.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add about half of the patties; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until light golden brown. Repeat until all patties are cooked, adding more oil as needed.
Make it Vegan: Simply omit the Parmesan cheese.
Make it Gluten-Free: Simply replace the regular breadcrumbs with gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Appetizer
- Serving Size: 3 cakes