Decadent vegan & gluten-free double chocolate cookies are exactly what your next celebration need! Made in one bowl, they are fast & easy to make, too.
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (180 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1/2 cup (44 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, warm water and vanilla extract.
- Add the gluten-free flour blend, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl; stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measure to scoop level tablespoons of dough; roll into balls and place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten ball slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges of the cookies appear firm (the centers will still look slightly under-baked). Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 14.8 g
- Sodium: 115.6 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5,2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: brownie cookies, double chocolate cookies, vegan, gluten-free, one bowl, chocolate chips, dairy-free, egg-free