Incredible, one-bowl chickpea flour brownies that are naturally vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free. They are a cinch to make and a joy to eat!
Vegan Brownies Made with Chickpea Flour
I am, quite possibly, the only person on the planet with a Google alert for chickpea flour. Admittedly, I have my obsessions 🙂 I am so glad of this one in particular, though, since it resulted in my receiving a tasty news morsel last week.
In Hillary Clinton’s new book, she details all of the healthy food she ate on the road during her campaign. She notes that one of the regular flight attendants on her plane is also a trained nutritionist, who made Clinton and her team special healthy foods in her kitchen in Queens, and then packed them for the flight. This is the quote that thrilled me:
“Her surprise smash hit was brownies made out of chickpea flour.”
Oh, heck yes!!!
I do believe I have a recipe for chickpea flour brownies in a certain book… (cue the celebratory music)
Smash hits need to be shared by all, across the political spectrum, don’t you think? Hence, behold this fudgy, deep chocolate, brownie goodness:
Healthy Highlights of One-Bowl Chickpea Flour Brownies
My original recipe calls for eggs, but I want these brownies to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, so I’ve come up with a new version that is easier than ever and accommodates even more dietary needs. Here are the key features of these blissful brownies:
- Ready from start to finish in under an hour
- Traditional fudgy texture and deep, dark chocolate flavor
Really, these are amazeballs. A certain child in our house begged to have a second one for dessert (Shh!!! He does not know they are made from chickpea flour!) and proclaimed they are the best brownies he has ever eaten. How’s that for an endorsement?
Tips for Making Chickpea Flour Brownies
As you head off to make these (yes, you must make these asap), a few tips from me to you:
- Line & spray the baking pan. Definitely line the pan, AND give a quick spritz of cooking spray (or light greasing). The fudgy nature of these brownies makes them hard to remove without the aid o a parchment or foil liner. (Then again, who needs perfect squares? If you want to cut off randomly-shaped pieces one at a time, you most certainly can!)
- Store in the refrigerator. Again, the fudgy-ness factor. They will definitely keep at room temperature for a few days, but will keep their shape best if stored in the refrigerator.
- Use a sharp wet knife to cut. When cutting into squares, dip a sharp into a cup of hot water in between cuts and wipe off with a paper towel (to avoid brownie build-up on the knife).
Here’s to a chocolate-covered Monday! Let me know what you think of these brownies, ok? I would love to hear from you!
More Grain-Free & Vegan Chickpea Flour Baked Goods:
- Chickpea Flour Chocolate Cake
- Chickpea Flour Carrot Cake Bites
- Chocolate Chickpea Flour Muffins
- Chickpea Flour Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Chickpea Flour Banana Bread
- Chickpea Flour Banana Cake