Incredible, one-bowl, chocolate fudge brownies that are naturally vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free. Made with chickpea flour, they are a cinch to make and a joy to eat.
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or packed light brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sift if it is lumpy)
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour (sift if it is lumpy)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil; spray exposed sides with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl. stir together the milk, flaxseed meal, and vanilla; let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk in the sugar and oil until blended, then whisk in the cocoa powder, chickpea flour, baking powder and salt until blended and smooth. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until center is just set (no longer appears gooey) and the edges are pulling away from the pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in pan. Use parchment/foil overhang to remove brownies. Use a sharp knife, dipped I hot water, to cut into 16 squares.
Storage: Store the cooled brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or the freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Dessert, Cookie, Bar
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 9.4 g
- Sodium: 84 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour, brownies, vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, plant-based, easy, 1-bowl, low calorie, healthy vegan brownies