Chocolate lovers, you have a new favorite cookie recipe: my Double Chocolate Chickpea Flour Cookies! They are vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, and a cinch to make.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (135 g) chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plant based margarine or virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 (60 mL) cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk in the water, margarine or oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and (optional) espresso powder until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop rounded mounds of dough onto cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until set at edges (centers may still look slightly soft). Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 119.9 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour, chocolate, chocolate chips, egg-free, cookies, dairy-free, vegan, christmas cookies, plant-based