My 5-ingredient oat protein cookies are the healthy, satisfying, easy-to-make snack you need to make! They are vegan, oil-free gluten-free, and have 70 calories and 4.1 grams protein each.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth, drippy natural peanut butter (see notes for options)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened applesauce, nondairy milk, or mashed very ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) coconut sugar (see notes for options)
- 50 grams (about 2/3 cup) plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1 and 1/4 cups quick cooking rolled oats (see note for options)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, applesauce and coconut sugar until blended and smooth. Add the protein powder and oats; stir until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measure, drop tablespoons of rounded dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches (5 cm) apart. With moistened fingertips, flatten each mound.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes until just set at the centers. Remove from oven and cool on sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sugar Options: An equal amount of brown sugar or the granulated sweetener of choice can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
Gluten-Free Tips: If you need these cookies to be certified gluten-free, be sure to use oats and plant protein powder that are certified gluten-free on the label.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 46.5 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: protein cookies, vegan protein, plant-based protein, oatmeal cookies, low sugar, protein powder, 5 ingredients, gluten-free, oil-free, easy, protein dessert