Soft, chewy and scrumptious oatmeal raisin cookies! They are flourless, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and irresistible.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) flaxseed meal
- 1 cup (250 mL) creamy almond butter (or other creamy nut/seed butter)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (60 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (50 g) raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the water and flaxseed meal. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla, stirring until blended and smooth. Add the oats, raisins, salt and baking soda, stirring until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, scoop 14 mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using fingertips, flatten dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies have spread (they do not spread a lot) and are golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completley.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Variations: An equal amount of chocolate chips/chunks, other dried fruit (chopped, as needed), or chopped nuts or seeds can be used in place of the raisins.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 121.5 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, oil-free, flourless, gluten-free, almond butter, oats, raisins