- 1–1/3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dairy or nondairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 16-oz container nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Optional: additional 2 tablespoons oats to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Base: Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang (for easy removal later). Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, 2 teaspoons sugar, oil, milk and cinnamon until well-blended. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temp to 325°F
- Filling: While the crust bakes, process the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, Add the yogurt, sugar and vanilla; process until smooth. Add the eggs; process until just blended.
- When base is finished baking, remove from oven and evenly pour and spread filling over base. If desired, sprinkle top with additional 2 tablespoons oats.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until center is just set when pan is jiggled and edges and top are pale golden. Cool completely on a wire rack and then chill for at least 2 hours until cold, Cut into 9 squares.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 42 mg