Easy granola bars made in a muffin tin! They are nutritious, vegan, gluten-free, and low in sugar, too.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons nondairy milk or water
- 3 tablepoons chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons whole psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (certified GF as needed)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped (I used dried tart cherries)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, milk, chickpea flour, psyllium, vanilla and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- To the bowl, add the oats, coconut oil and dried fruit, stirring to coat. Divide mixture evenly among prepared cups. Using the bottom of a measuring cup (spray or grease bttom of cup to avoid sticking), firmly tamp down the granola mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 17 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool in tin for 10 minutes. Remove granola bars from tin and cool completely.
Storage: Store the bars in an airtight container at room temp for up 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 round granola bar
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 46 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg