- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup (or maple syrup or agave nectar)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (certified GF as needed)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, mint or basil leaves (or a combination)
- 1 teaspoon red or green Thai curry paste (see notes for options)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped toasted or roasted peanuts
- Spray or grease 5 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- Warm the peanut butter, lime zest, lime juice and syrup in a small saucepan on the stovetop over low heat until warm and melted but not boiling (you can also do this in the microwave).
- Place the oats, flaxseed meal, herbs, curry paste and optional salt in a small food processor. Add the warm peanut butter mixture; pulse until oats are chopped and mixture comes together into a cohesive dough.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions; roll into a ball and press each into prepared cups, flattening tops with fingertips. Sprinkle with peanuts, pressing into dough to adhere. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until firm before removing from tin.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or freezer for 3 months.
Curry Paste Options: Don’t worry if you do not have Thai curry paste–you can create layers of Thai-influenced flavor without it. Here are some options: (a) 1 teaspoon curry powder; (b) 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger + 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha; (c) just 1 teaspoon Sriracha.
- Category: portable power pucks, snack, granola bar
- Serving Size: 1 bar/puck
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 3.0 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg