Healthy, delicious, vegan gingerbread chickpea blondies! They are flourless, grain-free, gluten-free, and oil-free.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup nut butter or seed butter (e.g., almond, peanut, or pepita butter)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional Drizzle: 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper; grease or spray the exposed sides of the pan.
- In a food processor, process the chickpeas, nut butter, molasses, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt until completely smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides of processor bowl.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown, slightly puffed, and the surface of the blondies appears dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in pan.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the blondies from the pan.
- If desired, drizzle blondies with optional white chocolate. For easiest slicing, place in refrigerator for an hour before cutting!
Molasses Substitute: An equal amount of maple syrup or honey (the latter if you are not vegan) may be used in place of the molasses.
Storage: Store the cooled blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day (they will be soft), the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 6 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea blondies, chickpea cookies, canned chickpeas, flourless