Quick and easy sheet pan pancakes, made with just 5 ingredients, including your favorite gluten-free pancake mix! Perfect for a large breakfast gathering, or as make-ahead, grab & go breakfasts throughout the week (the squares are great as snacks, too!)
Friday is here, and not just any Friday: it’s the Friday before (1) a 3-day weekend (hurrah!) and (2) the Houston Marathon this Sunday! Further, I am expecting out-of-two guests (arriving today), so, all things summed, today’s recipe is much needed.
The recipe in question is my super-simple, 5-ingredient, sheet pan pancakes, studded with berries and bananas. It’s exactly what you want for a chilly, January weekend (easy, delicious, minimal effort, satisfying but still healthy), plus it can either serve a crowd (hello, guests!) or get packed up for multiple days of quick and easy breakfasts on the go.
All that you need to get started is your favorite gluten-free pancake mix (or regular pancake mix, if GF is not needed). I am astounded by how many GF options are available at my local supermarket; so much has changed regarding availability (and price) of GF items in the past few years. I found 3 GF pancake mixes shelved alongside regular pancake mixes, plus 2 additional options in the “healthy foods” section. I used Bob’s Red Mill, simply because I have used it on previous occasions (and like it) and it is readily available. But again, use what suits your needs and preferences! Beyond the mix, the only necessary ingredients are 2 bananas, some flaxseed meal, and the nondairy milk (or dairy, if you prefer) of your choice.
Assembly is ridiculously easy, which is why I love sheet pan cooking in general: blend everything in a blender or food processor, pour into a large rimmed sheet pan, and bake! Once done, cut the pancake into squares and serve as you would any pancakes, including with any and all of your favorite toppings (pass the maple syrup, please!).
I find it difficult to leave well enough alone, so I opted to add an additional banana, sliced, plus some berries before baking. As you can imagine, add-in options here are vast (other fresh fruits, dried fruit, nuts, spices, etc.), so have fun making the pancake your own.
As delicious as the pancakes are warm from the oven, the cooled pancakes are a dream, too. Store them in the refrigerator for a week’s worth of breakfasts (warmed and plated, or wrapped in a napkin to go!). They are great, not-too-sweet snacks, too, for any time of the day.
Enjoy the weekend, everyone, and be sure to add this recipe to your to-do (and, to-eat!) list!Print
Quick and easy sheet pan pancakes, made with just 5 ingredients, including your favorite gluten-free pancake mix! Perfect for a large breakfast gathering, or as make-ahead breakfasts to go throughout the week (the squares are great as snacks, too!)
- 3 medium, firm-ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 cups nondairy milk (e.g., cashew, almond, hemp)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2–2/3 cups gluten-free pancake mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1–1/2 cups berries (e.g., blueberries, blackberries, raspeberries)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet (18×13 inches) with aluminum foil and spary with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, puree TWO of the bananas along with the milk and flaxseed meal until smooth. Add the pancake mix; blend, stopping once or twice to scrape side of container, until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared sheet pan. Thinly slice remaining banana; distribute banana slices and berries over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 27 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Remove pan from oven and cool 5 minutes. Cut into aquares and serve warm with your favorite toppings (e.g., maple syrup), or cool completely and store for future eating!
Storage: Store the completely cooled squares in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Pancake Mix Options: If you do not follow a gluten-free diet, feel free to use an equal amount of regular pancake mix in place of the glutenfree mix.
Milk Options: An equal amount of dairy milk can be used in place of the nondairy milk.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg