Soft vegan banana oat cookies with have an old-fashioned taste but a healthy, modern profile. Easy-to-make with ingredients you have on hand, they are gluten-free, oil-free, and perfect for sweet treats, snacks, breakfasts or workout fuel.
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed very ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons smooth nut or seed butter (e.g., almond, peanut, sunflower seed)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups (175 g) rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the mashed bananas, nut butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla until blended and smooth.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process the oats until they resemble a fine flour. Add the baking powder, cinnamon and salt; pulse to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, stirring until completely blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (I use a medium cookie scoop) on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes until golden brown, puffed and just set at the centers.
- Remove from the oven transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Ready to Use Oat Flour: You can use pre-ground oat flour if you have it on hand! Use the same weight (200 g), which is about 1 and 2/3 cups of oat flour.
Sweeteners: Use an equal amount of brown sugar or granulated sweetener of choice in place of the coconut sugar.
Banana Alternative: Use an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce in place of the banana. You may want to increase the amount of sweetener by 1 tablespoon.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 56 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy vegan banana cookies, banana cookies, healthy baking, oil-free vegan cookies, oil-free vegan, Vegan, clean eating, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten free, vegan breakfast cookies, oats, oil-free, clean eats, snacks, portable food, banana, cookies, whole grains, gluten-free cookies