My 3-ingredient pumpkin oat cookies are perfect for snacking or breakfasts on the move. They are vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, 31 calories each (for the basic version), and endlessly customizable with a variety of different add-ins.
- Preheat the oven to 350F(180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Process the oats in a food processor or high-speed blender until they resemble either a rough or fine flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the pumpkin puree, water, coconut sugar, and (optional) salt until blended (if adding optional extracts, zests, or spices, add them now).
- Add the ground oats to the bowl (if adding optional extras such as chocolate, nuts, or dried fruit, add now). Stir until blended into a soft, thick dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, scoop small mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using fingertip, flatten the dough slightly into a round shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden browned at the edges and the dough appears dry.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack. Cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Oat Flour Option: Ready-to-use oat flour can be used in place of the ground oats. You will need 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (133 g) to replace the oats. Skip step 2 in the instructions.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 0.4 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3-ingredient cookies, vegan cookies,, gluten-free cookies, oil-free cookies, oil-free, gluten-free, vegan, 3 ingredients, easy cookies