Vegan chickpea flour pumpkin cookies will rock your Autumn world! Tender and packed with flavor, they are oil-free, grain-free, and gluten-free.
- 3/4 cup (90 g) chickpea flour (sifted if lumpy)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (see notes for options)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts or seeds (e.g., pecans, walnuts, pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Add the pumpkin, sugar and water, stirring until blended and smooth.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons (I use a small cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart. If desired, gently press a few chopped nuts on tops of cookies.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener Options: Feel free to use an equal amount of brown sugar or other granulated sweetener of choice in place of the coconut sugar.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: For your own pumpkin pie spice blend, combine 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cloves.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 51.8mg
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour, vegan chickpea flour cookies, chickpea flour pumpkin cookies, grain-free vegan cookies, pumpkin cookies, oil-free