Grain-Free Baked “Oatmeal” made with Coconut Flour! Its is naturally vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and nut-free.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full-fat, well-stirred)
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 6 tbsp ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or natural cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1–1/2 cups blueberries
- Optional: 1 cup of fresh fruit or 1/3 cup dried fruit
- Optional: 3 to 4 tbsp seeds or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F; Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) square metal baking pan with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, water, banana, flax seeds, coconut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken. Stir in baking powder until well blended; gently fold in fruit, if using,
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with seeds or nuts, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until set at the center and golden. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into servings and serve warm.
- (Alternatively, cool completely, cut into bars or squares, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Serve cold, room temp, or rewarm in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 10.8 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2 g
- Fiber: 8.2 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut flour, baked porridge, baked oatmeal, coconut flour porridge, coconut flour cereal, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, oil-free, nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free, cleaneating, clean eats, fitness food