- 2 tablespoons whole psyllium husk (or 2 and 1/2 teaspoons psyllium powder)
- 1/2 cup well-stirred coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vinegar (cider or white)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1–1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together psyllium, coconut milk, water and vinegar. Whisk in coconut sugar and coconut oil; let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, coconut flour, potato starch, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool completely in pan. Cut into 12 bars. EAT!
Storage Tip: Store the cooled bars at room temperature in an airtight container, or loosely wrapped in foil or plastic wrap, for up to 3 days. Alternatively, wrap them in plastic wrap, then foil, completely enclosing bars, and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 blondie (1/12 of recipe)
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg