Healthy 4-ingredient vegan pecan pie bites, made in a muffin tin with only 4 ingredients! Easy and delicious, they are oil-free and gluten-free.
Healthy Vegan Oil-Free Pecan Pie Snacks
These shouldn’t be so easy.
Or so decadent.
But oh, how they are.
Further, they double as sweet treats and energy snacks.
Just in time for Thanksgiving, it is my 4-ingredient vegan pecan pie bites!
- Vegan (egg-free, dairy-free)
- Made with 4 ingredients
- Fast & easy to make
The exact amounts of each ingredient are indicated in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Four ingredients (excluding salt) is all it takes to render the deep toasted pecan and caramel flavor of classic pecan pie.
The key to making these stick together is two fold: (1) chop some of the pecans, finely grind the rest; and (2) use a combination of molasses (for distinctive flavor) and brown rice syrup (to glue the nuts together). That’s it!
How to Make 4-ingredient Vegan Pecan Pie Bites
Note that the complete directions are also in the recipe card below.
- Preheat oven to 325F (160F) .
- Spray or grease 10 cups of a standard muffin tin.In a food processor, process 1/4 cup pecans until finely chopped (texture of meal, not flour).
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Chop the remaining pecans (not too fine) and add to bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Divide evenly among prepared cups. With moistened fingertips. lightly press mixture into cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes until pecans are fragrant and deep golden brown. Transfer tin to a cooling rack and cool completely in pan.
- Place the cooled tin in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Using the tip of a butter knife, remove pecan pie bites from pan. Eat!
Do not fret about the total amount of sugar. The eight of sweetener is divided by 10 servings, which is more than reasonable for a treat.
Plus, it is a season of treats and decadence, so it’s better to plan ahead with balanced snacks that do the double-duty of satisfying sweet cravings and fueling a walk or run through the park, or a long day at the office.
Happy eats, everyone!
How Do I Store the Vegan Pecan Pie Bites?
Store the pecan pie bites in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days (unless it is hot and humid), the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I Use Other Varieties of Nuts?
Yes, you can use other nuts, or seeds, in place of the pecans. For example, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds.
What is a Substitute for Brown Rice Syrup?
Corn syrup is the only other syrup that will work as a replacement for the brown rice syrup in this recipe. You can find organic versions of corn syrup at natural foods stores and online.