Scrumptious vegan carrot cake breakfast cookies made with chickpea flour and baked in a muffin tin! They are grain-free, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free and only 95 calories apiece. YUM!
Carrot Cake Chickpea Flour Cookies, A Perfect Breakfast to Go
More vegetables, too.
Don’t forget about protein, you need more.
Heaps more fiber, too.
Cut back on your sugar intake.
Add omega fatty acids to your diet.
Good grief! Eating mandates can be overwhelming, especially when you have to be out of the front door by 7 am.
I’m here to help. With Vegan Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies, made with chickpea flour and baked in a muffin tin. Eat one, two or three and check off all of the items on the above list!
Most of all, these muffin tin cookies satisfy the most important breakfast checkpoint: delicious.
Vegan Breakfast Cookies with Minimal Sugar & No Oil
In addition to being grain-free, gluten-free and vegan, these moist, perfectly sweet treats are also oil-free and nut-free The key is the combination of lots of carrots, unsweetened applesauce, and flaxseed meal.
I added a small amount of raisins, too; I like to chop them up before adding, which allows me to use a small amount while still delivering the sweet bits throughout. You can use any other dried fruit in their place, or leave them out entirely.
I added a sprinkle (only about a teaspoon total; it doesn’t take much) of hemp hearts for a touch of crunch and added beauty; add them or leave them out as you like!
Decadent, frugal, portable, packed with power, this just may be the carrot cake of your power hungry dreams.
More Vegan & Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies to Try:Print
Scrumptious carrot cake breakfast cookies made with chickpea flour and baked in a muffin tin! They are vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free and only 95 calories apiece. YUM!
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons hemp hearts or seeds of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 6 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, spice, baking powder and salt. Add the applesauce, sugar and vanilla, stirring until well-blended. Stir in the carrots and raisins until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cups, smoothing tops, If desired, sprinkle with hemp hearts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes until centers are springy and just set. Cool on wire rack in tin for 15 minutes. Remove from tin and serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. These will keep (for traveling and toting) without refrigeration for about 3 days.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, dessert, snack, breakfast
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg