Whole Food Plant Based Breakfast Cookies
Oh, the eating mandates:
- Eat breakfast.
- More vegetables, too.
- Don’t forget about protein, you need more.
- Heaps more fiber, too.
- Cut back on your sugar intake.
- Add omega fatty acids to your diet.
Good grief! It can be overwhelming. Even more so if you need to be out of the front door by 7 am.
Most of all, these muffin tin cookies satisfy the most important breakfast mandate: delicious.
Vegan Breakfast Cookies with Minimal Sugar & No Oil
In addition to being grain-free, gluten-free and vegan, these moist, perfectly sweet treats are also oil-free and nut-free The key is the combination of lots of carrots, unsweetened applesauce, and flaxseed meal.
I added a small amount of raisins, too; I like to chop them up before adding, which allows me to use a small amount while still delivering the sweet bits throughout. You can use any other dried fruit in their place, or leave them out entirely.
I added a sprinkle of hemp hearts (only about a teaspoon total; it doesn’t take much) for a touch of crunch and added beauty; add them or leave them out as you like!
Decadent, frugal, portable, packed with power, this just may be the carrot cake of your power hungry dreams.
More Vegan & Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies:
- Healthy Mocha Almond Breakfast Cookies
- Grain-Free Granola Breakfast Cookies
- Zucchini Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Coconut Flour & Lentil Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Raisin Breakfast Cookies
- Chickpea Flour Breakfast Cookies