Also known as a “Pizookie,” my healthy chocolate chip skillet cookie is a sweet treat that doubles as a nourishing breakfast to go. It is vegan, gluten-free and oil-free.
- 1 cup (90 g) rolled oats (certified GF as needed)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (I used miniature chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Lightly grease or spray a 6-inch (15 cm) cast iron skillet.
- In a food processor, process the oats into a fine flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips and process, using on/off pules, until completely blended and smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chis; pulse to combine.
- Scrape the cookie dough into the prepared skillet, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 23 minutes until golden brown and set at the center. Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: Remove the skillet cookie from the cast iron skillet (do not store in the skillet or it will take on the flavor of the iron pan).
Storage: Store the cooled cookie in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1dat, the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1/8 of skillet cookie
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 93.5 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pizookie, chocolate chip cookie, skillet cookie, healthy cookie, vegan, chocolate chips, coconut flour, oats, gluten-free, vegan