- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Spray or lightly oil a 9×5-inch (22.5×12.5 cm) loaf pan; line with parchment for easy removal.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the nut butter, hot water, coconut sugar, flaxseed meal and vanilla until blended and smooth. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda and (optional) chocolate chips until blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 24 to 28 minutes until just set at edges (do not overbake; brownies may still look slightly underdone). Cool completley in pan on a wire rack.
- For easy cutting into neat squares, refrigerate the cooled brownies until cold. Remove from pan and cut into squares with a large sharp knife.
Storage: Store the cooled brownies in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week and the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 14.9 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: brownies, grain-free, vegan, glutenfree, oil-free, vegan grain-free brownies, paleo, grain free brownies, egg-free, dairy-free