Fudgy sweet potato brownies that are equal parts decadent & healthy! They are vegan, oil-free, grain-free, gluten-free & Paleo.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1–1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (see note)
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sweet potato puree, almond butter, coconut sugar, milk and vanilla until blended and smooth. Stir in the cocoa mixture until well-blended. Stir in the chips, if using. Scrape into prepared pan, smoothing the top,
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes, until just set at edges (they will look underdone). Cool completely in pan.
- For perfectly cut squares, refrigerate the brownie until cold. Remove from pan using parchment and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
For the Sweet Potato: Microwave, boil, or steam the a medium -large sweet potato until very soft and then puree the flesh in a food processor until smooth.
- Category: Dessert, Brownies, Chocolate