Easy and delicious herb biscuits that are both grain-free and vegan! They are made with almond meal or almond flour, plus an “egg” made out of psyllium husk. Bake in a muffin tin for perfectly shaped biscuits!
These golden biscuits are made in a muffin tin. It’s hardly traditional.
But making biscuits out of ground almonds is not traditional, either.
So long as the biscuits are delicious, I am more than open to breaking free of tradition. 🙂
I am confident you will feel the same once you make these. Here’s a quick biscuit feature roundup:
(1) Texture: Crispy edges and a tender interior. Yes and yes.
(2) Flavor: Pucking delicious. Toasted nuts, umami cheesiness (despite having no cheese; it’s all due to the nutritional yeast), plus the fresh complement of chopped basil.
(3) Portability: Perfection. No crumbling, thanks to my favorite egg replacer, psyllium eggs, and no refrigeration required.
(4) Ease: Mere minutes to prepare. A bit of mixing, followed by some smooshing (patty-shaping) and a quick bake.
(5) Nutrition: Terrific. High in protein, with a balance of healthy fats from the almonds and olive oil, plus, almost no sugar.
The biscuit mixture is comes together easily; rather than rolling and cutting, simply shape nine equal portions into patties, much like making burgers.
Next, place the patties into the cups of a standard size muffin tin. This will produce evenly shaped biscuits with beautifully browned edges.