Great big granola cookies that are grain-free, oil-free and vegan! Avocado takes the place of oil.
- 1 medium-large banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 of a medium, ripe avocado, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla/ 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon/ stevia for extra sweetening
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 9 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana, avocado, applesauce and flaxseed meal until blended and smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, process the pepitas, sunflower seeds and cranberries until coarsely chopped and the seeds are about the size of quick-cooking rolled oats. Add the seed mixture, coconut flour, salt, and any of the optional ingredients (if using) to the flaxseed mixture, stirring until well-blended.
- Divide batter (it will be thick) between the prepared cups, smoothing the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 23 to 27 minutes until golden brown and centers of cookies are just firm to the touch. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool 10 minutes. Remove from tin and serve warm or cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 breakfast cookie
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 84.4 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg