Chickpea flour biscotti thins with cranberries and almonds are a perfect coffee- or tea-time treat! They are vegan, grain-free, and only 44 calories each.
- 1 and 1/4 cups (150 g) chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk (nondairy or dairy)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grease or spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Add the milk, oil and almond extract, stirring until blended and smooth. Stir in the almonds and cranberries. Spoon and spread dough into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely in pan.
- Preheat oven to 175F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cooled loaf to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut loaf crosswise into thin slices (just under 1/4-inch in thickness). Arrange slices on and ungreased baking sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn off oven and let cookies remain in oven for an additional hour. Cool completely.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti thin
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 42.7 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
Keywords: vegan grain-free biscotti, no eggs, no dairy, biscotti thins, chickpea flour, chickpea flour biscotti, vegan almondina, chickpea flour cookies,