Healthy and delicious pumpkin spice biscotti made with almond flour! They are naturally vegan, grain-free, oil-free, Paleo, and keto-friendly. Keep them plain, or add adornments, such as dried fruit, mini chocolate chips, or chopped nuts and seeds.
- 1 and 3/4 cups (196 g) blanched almond flour
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons tapioca starch or arrowroot
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (36 g) coconut sugar (see notes for keto option)
- Optional:1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, starch, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Add the pumpkin, sugar, and (optional) vanilla, stirring until completely combined.
- Scrape dough into a mound in the center of the prepared cookie sheet. Roll dough into a log that measures 12 inches long. Using fingertips, flatten log until it is about 2 and 1/2 inches wide, and just over 1/2 an inch high.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes or until light golden brown and the center is set & firm to the touch. Turn oven off, cool completely on sheet, and then refrigerate at least 1 hour until cold. Using parchment paper, lift log onto a cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Slide log off of parchment paper and place paper back on cookie sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut log crosswise and slightly diagonal into 24 biscotti. Place slices cut side down on paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake biscotti for 20 minutes. Remove sheet and, using spatula, turn over biscotti. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes longer. Turn oven off, keep door closed, and let biscotti remain in oven for 1-2 hours until cooled (this further dries them).
Storage: Store the cooled biscotti in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for up to 1 week, the refrigerator for 3 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener: Feel free to use an equal amount of your favorite granular sweetener, including brown sugar or granular sugar alternative.
Keto Option: Prepare as directed, but replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto-friendly granular sweetener or brown sugar replacement sweetener (be sure to use an option that is a measure for measure replacement). Note that the biscotti may not brown as much (due to the absence of sugar).
Keto Macros (using keto sugar substitute) per biscotto: Calories: 50/ Carbs: 2.7 g / Sugars: 0.4 g (the remaining macros stay the same).
Pumpkin Pie Spice: You can also use the following in place of pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice: 3/4 ground cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger + 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice + 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cloves
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 biscotto
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 42.7 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: biscotti, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, almond flour, vegan, paleo, keto, grain-free, easy, cookies