4-ingredient vegan almond flour biscotti that are grain-free, oil-free, low in sugar, and keto (with one ingredient swap). They are crisp, but not too hard, easy to make, and very versatile.***LOVE***
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, arrowroot, baking powder and salt. Add the water, stirring until completely combined.
- Scrape dough into a mound in the center of the prepared cookie sheet. Shape dough into a log that measures roughly 11 inches long, 2 and 1/2 inches wide, and just over 1/2 an inch high.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes or until light golden brown and the center is set & firm to the touch. Remove from oven, turn oven off, and cool completely on sheet,. Refrigerate frigerate at least 1 hour until cold. Using parchment paper, lift log onto a cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Slide log off of parchment paper and place paper back on cookie sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut log crosswise, on the diagonal, into 22 biscotti. Place slices cut side down on paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake biscotti for 20 minutes. Remove sheet and, using spatula, turn over biscotti. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes longer. Turn oven off, keep door closed, and let biscotti remain in oven for 1-2 hours until cooled (this further dries them).
Storage: Store the cooled biscotti in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for up to 1 week, the refrigerator for 3 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener: Feel free to use an equal amount of your favorite granular sweetener, including brown sugar or granular sugar alternative.
Keto Option: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto brown sugar substitute (e.g., one made by Swerve, Truvia, or Sukrin Gold). Keto Macros–Carbs: 2.5 g, Sugars: 0.3 g, Calories: 53
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 biscotto
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 48.6
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg