Easy, 1-bowl, keto vegan coconut flour cookies! Made with almond butter (or the nut or seed butter you like) they are also naturally Paleo, grain-free & gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup (128 g) smooth almond butter (with no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) warm water
- 2 tablespoons keto brown sugar substitute (e.g., ones by Swerve, Truvia, Sukrin Gold)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (37 g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional:1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) keto miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided (e.g., Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Chips).
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond butter, water, coconut sugar, oil and vanilla extract until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Let stand a few minutes to thicken. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or rounded tablespoons, scoop onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Press the remaining chocolate chips into surface of cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes until golden brown and set at the centers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet (they will become more firm as they cool). Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Non-Keto Variation: Replace the keto sweetener with coconut sugar or packed light brown sugar. Replace the keto chocolate chips with regular miniature chocolate chips The different macros for each cookie are: cals: 67/ carbs: 5.3 g / sugars 3 g.
Almond Butter Options: An equal amount of peanut butter, pepita butter, cashew butter, or other butter can be used in place of the almond butter. Peanut butter, however, is not a keto option.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut flour cookies that are vegan, coconut flour keto vegan cookies, coconut flour, almond butter,keto cookies