Healthy and delicious oat and almond flour banana bars for breakfast, snacks or dessert! They are vegan, oil-free, gluten-free and added sugar-free (except for the chocolate chips). Only 5 ingredients, too!
- 1 and 2/3 cups (425 mL) mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 3/4 cup (84 g) almond flour or almond meal
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (or adjust to preference)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas and oats. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line a 9-inch (22.5 cm) baking pan with parchment paper (spray or grease the exposed interior sides).
- After 15 minutes have passed, vigorously stir the bananas and oats, breaking down the oats and creating a relatively creamy mixture.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and optional salt to bowl (if using, add vanilla and/or cinnamon, too). Stir until completely combined.
- Spread the dough in the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes until the center is set and the edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Use the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan. Cut into 16 squares or bars.
- Category: Cookies, Bars
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 46 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg