3-ingredient banana flax bars, made with only mashed bananas, flaxseed meal, and creamy nut or seed butter. They taste like banana blondies and are vegan, paleo, grain-free, oil-free, added sugar-free, and only 87 calories each.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on opposite sides (for easy removal).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the banana, butter and flaxseed meal until completley blended and smooth. Taste the batter; add a pinch of salt, if needed. Let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon and spread into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 19 minutes until top appears dry and the center is firm to the touch.
- Cool completely in pan set on a wire cooling rack. Use paper overhand to remove bars to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares or bars.
- If desired, drizzle bars with melted chocolate. Place in refrigerator to set the chocolate.
Storage: Store the cooled bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Note: The bars will keep, unrefrigerated, while transporting during the day (e.g., for lunch, picnics, hiking) but are best stored in the refrigerator due to their high fat content (they are soft at room temperature, firm when refrigerated).
Add-Ins and Adornments: Oh, the places you will go with these bars! Consider adding extracts (vanilla, almond) finely grated zest (hello, lime), spices (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves, oh my!), finely chopped nuts and/or seeds, or perhaps some dried fruit.
Chocolate Drizzle Tip: I usually add a wee dab of coconut oil to the chocolate chips when I melt them. It makes it easy to drizzle a tiny bit of chocolate over multiple bars!
- Category: Bars, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 33.5 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3-ingredients, vegan, grain-free, oil-free, flax, banana, no added sugar