- 3/4 cup (78 g) golden flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons (36 g) coconut sugar (see notes for keto & other sugar options)
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) coconut oil, melted and still warm
- 2 to 4 teaspoons (10 to 20 mL) water
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon ground spices (e.g., cinnamon, ginger, cardamom)
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Process the flaxseed meal in a high-speed blender (or food processor or electric coffee mill) until it resembles a lightly, fine flour. Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in (optional) salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the finely ground flaxseed meal, coconut sugar, (optional) salt and (optional) spice until blended.
- Add the warm coconut oil and 2 teaspoons water and stir until the mixture just comes together into a smooth dough (add a little bit more water, as needed). Let the dough stand for 5 minutes for the flax to absorb the liquid.
- Roll 12 equal portions of the dough into balls (I use my small cookie scoop for even portioning, but a scant tablespoon measure of dough will also work great). Use your fingertips or the flat bottom of a glass to flatten the dough into an even circle.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 12 minutes until just set and the edges of the cookies appear crispy and dry.
- Remove from oven and cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely. Place the cooled cookies in an airtight container and chill until cold.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Make it Keto: Replace the coconut sugar with the keto-friendly, measure-for-measure, granulated sweetener of your choice. Keto Macros per Cookie: Calories (52); Total Carbs (2 g); Sugars (0 g); Net Carbs (0 g).
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: nut-free, 3 ingredient vegan flax cookies, keto vegan flaxseed cookies, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, zero net carb cookie, easy recipe, keto cookies, keto, ketogenic, 3 ingredients, keto cookies